Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cell phones

Yesterday, I went out to get a cell phone, and after I talked about one hour to the sales guy, I was this close to buying one, but then couldn't because I don't have a credit card or a Japanese bank account. So I'm going to open one tomorrow, if I can. Actually, I was surprised how well I managed the whole cell phone thing, because, as opposed to Softbank, au doesn't have any English speaking sales person. But it still worked somehow, and I'll even get the very phone I wanted, namely this one:
http://www.au.kddi.com/english/product/lineup/k001/index.html
(I know it says it's for kids, but the good thing is, I can let them lock the internet so that I don't press any Japanese button I can't read by accident and pay like a zillion yen for internet. I can still send mails, though. <3)

You might ask yourself why I got to the trouble of an au phone when Softbank is so much easier?
Well... I must confess, I'm a total fan of Arashi, and they're in the au commercial. No, really, I just wanted to test my Japanese abilities. ... Okay, I confess, it's for Arashi, and for the cute phone. ^^;
And you know what? One of the two sales guys I had totally looked like Nino from Arashi!!! (Too bad not like MatsuJun. xD)
For those of you who don't know them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVadJs80lpU
(Nino is the "big" guy in the end.)

So, enough for today, I need to be fit tomorrow! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment